Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by an...@shaw.ca on 2005/03/08 20:13:37 UTC

Cocoon question

Hi All

Just join a cocoon mailing list.. Now I do have new project on hand and
have a few questions about cocoon:

My project is to create online forms for every paper forms exists in our
business.
Some forms will have one more child forms.
Some fields on the form can be modify by certain users only.

My question is: is there any framework out there that uses cocoon?

thank you in advance for any replies.

anil

Re: Cocoon question

Posted by Lars Huttar <la...@sil.org>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Hi:
>
>Cocoon is a framework. ;-)
>
>See cform block samples in the cocoon distro.

In other words, after installing and starting Cocoon, go to the main
page (e.g. http://localhost:8080/) and click on "samples", then "Blocks
with samples", then "Forms Block".

Lars

Re: Cocoon question

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 9 mars 05, à 01:00, es a écrit :
>> Any links for good cocoon tutorial?

Look at the supersonic tour in samples / blocks with samples after
starting Cocoon.

-Bertrand

i18n transformation error

Posted by es...@ualberta.ca.
I'm using cocoon 2.1.5 on Tomcat 4.1.24, running on OSX and on Gentoo Linux. I
want to run a pipeline like this:

<map:pipeline>
<map:match pattern="*/diary">
<map:generate type="directory" src="/www/data/digitalobjects/diary"/>
<map:transform type="xslt" src="xsl/dirlisting.xsl" label="basiccontent">
<map:parameter name="language" value="{1}"/>
<map:parameter name="doctype" value="diary"/>
<map:parameter name="source-base-url" value="{global:full-base-url}"/>
</map:transform>
<map:transform type="i18n">
<map:parameter name="locale" value="en"/>
</map:transform>
<map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>
</map:pipeline>

So, I get an xml directory listing, transform it into an HTML page, which has
<i18n:text> tags around the text, and then I run it through the i18n
transformer. And I get this weird error; It does *something*, but it doesn't
transform the text. Instead, this:

<i18n:text>MPT</i18n:text>

becomes this:

<i18n:text>MPT

The second half of the i18n tag is gone, but the text hasn't changed. The output
is no longer well formed xml.

Now the really strange thing is that if I instead save the HTML from the second
step in my pipeline into its own file, and then transform that (so the i18n
transformation is the only step in the pipeline), it works fine.
The two HTML files (the separate file, and the one generated by the XSL
transformation) are identical in every way. I can reproduce this in other
contexts, too. Has anyone seen this before? That i18n transformations work in
some contexts but not in others, and specifically don't seem to work after the
first transformation in a pipeline?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Bess Sadler
University of Alberta

Re: Cocoon question

Posted by es <es...@javanet.info>.
Take a closer look at Lenya it provide anything you need to fulfill the
ACL part then you can make several form in a workflow and handle who can
do what. For input in the form and control on the UI you have several
options like CForms and Xforms.
Good Luck
Eli

anil_a@shaw.ca wrote:
> Thank you everyone who replied.
>
> I was trying to find out if there ay framework like Lenya that build on
> top of Cocoon that  has field level ACLs.
>
> what version of cocoon should I start with?
> Any links for good cocoon tutorial?
>
> thanks
>
> anil

Re: Cocoon question