Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Brian J. Farrar" <br...@hotmail.com> on 2004/11/05 13:18:23 UTC

Override ValidationStrings JettyLauncher

I am using JettlyLauncher to develop with Eclipse. What's the best way to
override ValidationStrings?

Otherwise, is there a way I can universally override this properties file
(without having to muck around with the classpath in some particular way
with every container?).

It seems a little inconvenient at the moment. I was hoping that I could just
drop the file in WEB-INF or something....

Thanks!

Re: Override ValidationStrings JettyLauncher

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fi...@stubkjaer-adamsen.dk>.
Probably the Tapestry related ones. It really does not have anything to
do with JettyLauncher, Jetty, or any other server-related stuff.

That said, I don't know how you'd go about doing what you want. What is
wrong with the current validation strings?

Do you need to translate them? If so, create a
ValidationStrings_country_LOCALE.properties an place it in the
org.apache.tapestry.valid package. It's not sealed or anything, so that
should be possible.

If you have another problem, please write again supplying some more
information.

-Filip

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.