Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/02 22:58:13 UTC

Re: Many systems - big flow graphs?

Uwe

Happy to have this be a longer dialogue just wanted to get a quick
response back.  You mentioned having unconnected flows separate from
each other.  Yes this is absolutely how it is done for really massive
large scale sets of disparate flows.  The process group concept allows
you to logically create abstractions/groups of flows.  People tend to
name their process groups and processor in meaningful ways.  We have
the search bar in the top-right for fast-find of such components even
if buried very deep in the flow.

This approach works quite well and helps enforce that you keep things
organized and allows you to 'refactor' the flows by moving around and
restructuring groups/etc..

Thanks
Joe