Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Kevin Strishock <th...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/13 10:40:18 UTC

Expectations of 0.9.5?

I haven't seen any talk recently, and I know the project is in
transition, but are there any expectations of a 0.9.5 release date?

I've been working on a few production implementations here and have
been weighing waiting for a new release that may address some of the
tail issues and E2E ack'ing issues.

Thanks, love the project.
-- Kevin

Re: Expectations of 0.9.5?

Posted by Chetan Sarva <cs...@evidon.com>.
It's not actually mirroring to 'master' on github. It seems that Apache is
setup to mirror svn/trunk to a git branch called 'trunk' as well. When
github doesn't see 'master' it appears it simply defaults to displaying the
first branch it finds.

Re: Expectations of 0.9.5?

Posted by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com>.
Chetan is right regarding the majority of my focus. A few other people are
working on this branch as well. My original email to the flume-dev list with
my plan / intent is at: http://bit.ly/oZFl74

All work on this is happening in branches/flume-728 in the svn repo although
it appears that when the ASF mirrors things in git, it get included in
master (which is weird and creepy). I'm happy to field questions about
flume-728 (in a separate thread, maybe) if folks are interested.

Thanks!

--
Eric Sammer
twitter: esammer

Re: Expectations of 0.9.5?

Posted by Chetan Sarva <cs...@evidon.com>.
On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 10:06 PM, Mingjie Lai <mj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > We've been running a local snapshot build of
> > 0.95 without much (new)
>
> Is there a 0.95 branch? I checked git.apache.org/flume.git and github, but
> didn't see anything related to 0.95. Did I miss anything?

I created my build off trunk/master as a snapshot. There is no branch for it
currently.

Re: Expectations of 0.9.5?

Posted by Mingjie Lai <mj...@gmail.com>.
Chetan.

 > We've been running a local snapshot build of
 > 0.95 without much (new)

Is there a 0.95 branch? I checked git.apache.org/flume.git and github,
but didn't see anything related to 0.95. Did I miss anything?

Thanks,
Mingjie

Re: Expectations of 0.9.5?

Posted by Chetan Sarva <cs...@evidon.com>.