Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org> on 2003/06/06 14:37:15 UTC

Re: Encoding problems in flowscript

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 22:56, morten svanæs wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm having trouble with the enconding in a flowscript, when
> I submit data in a form it gets escaped internaly in the flow
> script, so if I try to get back data that has some norwegian
> characters in them they get misinterpreted. All my documents
> have UTF-8 enconding and headers, my serialzers in the
> sitemap also have encoding parameters set to UTF-8.
> My modeldata is correctly inserted into the forms, but as
> soon as I submit the norwegian characters are misinterpred.

Have you enabled the form-encoding parameter in the web.xml?

Re: Encoding problems in flowscript

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 23:59, morten svanæs wrote:
> [...]

Indeed :-) I was too lazy to type in that you shouldn't enable that one
(or if you do, it should be ISO-8859-1, because that's what it really
is, except in broken servlet containers).

Re: Encoding problems in flowscript

Posted by morten svanæs <mo...@web-som-virker.no>.
> > On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 22:56, morten svanæs wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I'm having trouble with the enconding in a flowscript, when
> > > I submit data in a form it gets escaped internaly in the flow
> > > script, so if I try to get back data that has some norwegian
> > > characters in them they get misinterpreted. All my documents
> > > have UTF-8 enconding and headers, my serialzers in the
> > > sitemap also have encoding parameters set to UTF-8.
> > > My modeldata is correctly inserted into the forms, but as
> > > soon as I submit the norwegian characters are misinterpred.
>
> > Have you enabled the form-encoding parameter in the web.xml?

> No, but have I tried it now and it did'nt make any difference.

Hi again, now it works ! What I did first after your answer was
to set both <container-encoding> and <form-encoding> to utf-8
this did not make any difference but when I commented out
<container-encoding> so that just <form-encoding> was set it
worked ! I should have done only what you said :)

Regards
Morten Svanæs

Re: Encoding problems in flowscript

Posted by morten svanæs <mo...@web-som-virker.no>.

Posted by Stavros Kounis <go...@osmosis.gr>.

i have the same problem posting data from a form to .xsp

there is a thread about this

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=105396439703871&w=2

--stavros