Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/12 12:09:03 UTC

[m1] problem with recent addition in the eclipse plugin regarding source integration

Hi,

I think I saw once that eclipse does not support the .jar file
extension for souce inclusion in a project. Eclipse plugin 1.10 now
looks into ${groupId}/java/sources/{arfitactId}-${version}-sources.jar
and add the file if it's found.

Well it plain does NOT work with Eclipse 3.1. Renaming the file to
.zip and changing the configuration in eclipse make it work.

Anyone experienced the same issue?

Thanks,
Stéphane
--
.::You're welcome ::.

Re: [m1] problem with recent addition in the eclipse plugin regarding source integration

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
I think it was done by Fabrizio.
I didn't test this feature.
Sorry.

Arnaud

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
anyone?

Posted by Fabrizio Giustina <fg...@gmail.com>.
On 1/12/06, Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I saw once that eclipse does not support the .jar file
> extension for souce inclusion in a project. Eclipse plugin 1.10 now
> looks into ${groupId}/java/sources/{arfitactId}-${version}-sources.jar
> and add the file if it's found.
>
> Well it plain does NOT work with Eclipse 3.1. Renaming the file to
> .zip and changing the configuration in eclipse make it work.
>
> Anyone experienced the same issue?

No, it works fine for me and for several other users (and it always
worked since I added it, around one year ago, with different eclipse
versions). Also eclipse let you configure source archives using jar
files from its gui, it should not have any problem with the file
extension...

Try manually adding the jar from eclipse and double checking the path
is exactly the same as added by the plugin...

fabrizio