Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Frank Otto <ot...@delta-barth.de> on 2012/03/02 15:12:13 UTC

update database from js 2.2.0 to 2.2.2

Hi,

I want update my portal database from jetspeed 2.2.0 to 2.2.2. there is
one new column portlet_definition.clone_parent.

Is it possible to automatically add the column  on first start of
jetspeed 2.2.2 on a jetspeed 2.2.0 database? It should check that the
columns exists and if not, the column will be added.

kind regards,

Frank

Re: update database from js 2.2.0 to 2.2.2

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
On second thought, perhaps these tools were not updated to handle 2.2.2.
Sorry. Seems simple enough to fire off a one line alter table to perform
this work.

In general, jetspeed has always relied on external tools/scripts to
handle schema/data upgrades.

Randy

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Frank,