Posted to commits@thrift.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/08/11 15:11:54 UTC

[Thrift Wiki] Update of "ThriftInstallationMacOSX" by JonathanSimon

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Thrift Wiki" for change notification.

The "ThriftInstallationMacOSX" page has been changed by JonathanSimon.
The comment on this change is: add headings.
http://wiki.apache.org/thrift/ThriftInstallationMacOSX?action=diff&rev1=9&rev2=10

  This page describes the installation of thrift on a MacOS X machine. For information on using thrift with ObjectiveC/Cocoa see [[ThriftUsageObjectiveC]]. That page also covers the issues on using thrift with the iPhone SDK. There are some pitfalls to overcome with the iPhone SDK that will be mentioned there.

- Getting thrift to compile on the Mac:
+ We assume, you have at least Mac OS X 10.5.5.

+ == Install boost ==
+
- We assume, you have at least Mac OS X 10.5.5. To compile the thrift generator on Mac OS X you need the boost libary and compile it locally.
+ To compile the thrift generator on Mac OS X you need the boost libary and compile it locally.

  You can get the boost sources here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/

@@ -26, +28 @@

  ./bjam install
  }}}
  You are now ready to get and compile thrift.
+
+ == Install thrift ==

  Get the latest thrift HEAD version here: http://gitweb.thrift-rpc.org/?p=thrift.git;a=snapshot;h=HEAD;sf=tgz