Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by AJ <co...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/10 23:45:26 UTC

multiple gateways

Hi,

I have a scenario where I have two SMTP servers I'd like to use as gateway
servers. In the docs. it says that James will try the servers in order until
one is successful.

Does this mean that while server1 is up(available) server2 will never be
used?

thanks... AJ

Re: multiple gateways

Posted by Ranjib Dey <ra...@thoughtworks.com>.
yes,
in case u want to use both the gateways... u can use a custom mailet, one
similar to RemoteDelivery, just tweak the code so that it does not change
the mail state to ghost, and configure this one for one delivery gateway,
while use the standard RemoteDelivery mailet after this to deliver mails to
the other mailgateway

p.s. u may change the RemoteDelivery code directly to deliver multiple
gateways also.. but i guess that will involve bit more work
regards
ranjib

Re: multiple gateways

Posted by Ranjib Dey <ra...@thoughtworks.com>.
yeah,, i case u want to do round robin,,, appropriate MX records should
solve it

Re: multiple gateways

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Morning,

I think you could write your own mailet which will set an attribute in
a round-robin fashion. So for example set attribute X or Y.

The configure two instances of RemoteManager and use the HasAttribute
matcher to call instance 1 or 2.

Bye,
Norman

Re: multiple gateways