Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Eric Northam <Er...@i4commerce.com> on 2003/06/13 01:11:26 UTC

Deleting Large Quantities

I was wondering if this is the appropriate way to delete a large number of
objects with ODMG:

(taken from OQLOrOnForeignKeyTest)

OQLQuery query = odmg.newOQLQuery();
  query.create("select person from " + PersonImpl.class.getName());
  List persons = (List) query.execute();
  Iterator it = persons.iterator();
  while (it.hasNext())
  {
   db.deletePersistent(it.next());
  }
  tx.commit();

Won't this load each object completely into memory?

Eric

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail is, unless otherwise
indicated, confidential and is intended solely for the use of the named
addressee. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any information
contained therein by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the
intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to
the originator.

Re: Deleting Large Quantities

Posted by Mauricio CASTRO <mc...@hotmail.com>.
Hi all,

Does OJB supports update/delete objects via Object Query Language?

Mauricio Castro.