Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@apache.org> on 2004/12/20 15:59:24 UTC

Re: Unit tests

Dave Brondsema wrote:

>What sort of XML unit testing do you want to do besides validate against a DTD?

that we are doing a proper input transformation from formats like:
wiki,sdocbook,oo and others.

>Other unit tests and integration tests we should look in to are ones to verify
>that the different parts of pipelines do the proper transformations.

I had in mind the same ones :-)

> I think
>the nature of Forrest (and Cocoon) make it hard to test specific things (e.g.
>make sure that .jspwiki conversion "works", whatever that means, while ignoring
>all HTML from the skin, menu, header, etc).

We used to have a test-site target to test the intermediate format

>  Some places for us to start looking
>are:
>
>http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/UnitTestingStylesheetsAndPipelines
>http://htmlunit.sourceforge.net/
>http://products.actimind.com/actiWATE/

I will have a look thanks!

First Test suite for forrest (Re: Unit tests)

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@apache.org>.
Hi,
Out of the software that was around I have modify the counit that Nico
put in place.
There was a lot of his stuff that I did not put in place.  I tried to
refactor to:

Easier to run within forrest "forrest run/site"
Easier to add new test
output wrapper with forrest

Please let me know what do you think..

I am too tired today to add docs, but I will in a couple of days

Cheers,
Cheche

Re: Unit tests

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi:

please see this:

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/UnitTestingStylesheetsAndPipelines

... a presentation on Ghent this year.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

On Mar, 21 de Diciembre de 2004, 2:57, Nicola Ken Barozzi dijo:

Re: Unit tests

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
>
>> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, we have had some good results from Canoo Webtest when testing
>>> things like this. Th test target would need to start a server then
>>> run a series of requests against a set of test inputs (see
>>> http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/WebTestHome.html )
>>
>> but that is only html stuff. I would like to get something that we can
>> use to test xml (xdoc,oo,xhtml) output.
>
> Good point.

IIRC Cocoon uses Anteater.

http://aft.sourceforge.net/

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Unit tests

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> Yes, we have had some good results from Canoo Webtest when testing
>> things like this. Th test target would need to start a server then run
>> a series of requests against a set of test inputs (see
>> http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/WebTestHome.html )
>

> but that is only html stuff. I would like to get something that we can
> use to test xml (xdoc,oo,xhtml) output.

Good point.

Yes, I believe so.

Ross

Re: Unit tests

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:

> Yes, we have had some good results from Canoo Webtest when testing
> things like this. Th test target would need to start a server then run
> a series of requests against a set of test inputs (see
> http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/WebTestHome.html )

but that is only html stuff. I would like to get something that we can
use to test xml (xdoc,oo,xhtml) output.

> Right now all the plugins do when tested is they build the documentation.

I am looking right now on http://xsltunit.org/ , But I am not 100% sure
that we can incorporate it on forrest. I know nothing about licenses..

Re: Unit tests

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.