Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2007/06/28 17:23:59 UTC

[VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.0 ALPHA5 release

Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Core 4.0
ALPHA5. The vote is open for the next 72 hours, and only votes from
Jakarta PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least three
binding +1 votes are cast.

Packages:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0-alpha5/packages/

Release notes:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0-alpha5/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.0 ALPHA5 release

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On 6/30/07, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-06-30 at 06:25 +0100, ant elder wrote:
> > On 6/28/07, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Core 4.0
> > > ALPHA5. The vote is open for the next 72 hours, and only votes from
> > > Jakarta PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least three
> > > binding +1 votes are cast.
> > >
> > > Packages:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0-alpha5/packages/
> > >
> > > Release notes:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0-alpha5/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

> > > Vote:  HttpComponents Core 4.0-ALPHA5 release
> > > [ ] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Core 4.0-ALPHA5.
> > > [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).
> >

> > +1
> >
> > Note that building from the src distro creates a jar name suffixed with
> > -SNAPSHOT instead of -alpha5, could maybe fix that in the next release.
> >
> >    ...ant
>
> Hi Anthony
>
> It seems to work for me

> oleg@okhost:~/temp/httpcore-4.0-alpha5/target/httpcomponents-
> core-4.0-alpha5$ find . -name "*.jar"
> ./module-main/target/httpcore-4.0-alpha5.jar
> ./module-nio/target/httpcore-nio-4.0-alpha5.jar
> ./module-niossl/target/httpcore-niossl-4.0-alpha5.jar
>
> I suspect you have not installed the parent POM to the local repository.
> So, try 'mvn install' followed by 'mvn package' and see if that makes a
> difference. I guess this is one of those peculiarities we all have come
> to love about Maven.
>
> Oleg

Ok you're right, as you say that does work fine, the snapshot jar I'd got
from running Ant as I saw a build.xml in there :)

   ...ant

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.0 ALPHA5 release

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.
+1

--
[web]  http://www.odi.ch/
[blog] http://www.odi.ch/weblog/

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.0 ALPHA5 release

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.
Ortwin Glück wrote:
> Roland Weber wrote:
>> +0
>>>
>>>  Vote:  HttpComponents Core 4.0-ALPHA5 release
>>>  [ ] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Core 4.0-ALPHA5.
>>>  [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).
>
> Roland, I don't see +0 as an option...

Geting sloppy, am I?
All right then, +1.

cheers,
  Roland

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.0 ALPHA5 release

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.
Roland Weber wrote:
> +0
>>  Vote:  HttpComponents Core 4.0-ALPHA5 release
>>  [ ] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Core 4.0-ALPHA5.
>>  [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).

Roland, I don't see +0 as an option...

Odi

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.0 ALPHA5 release

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.
+0

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
+1