Posted to user@roller.apache.org by John Haren <ha...@oreilly.com> on 2007/05/07 23:18:36 UTC

PlanetManager bombs with multiple subscriptions

Hello,
I'm using roller3.1, deployed on tomcat 5.5.17, against MySQL 5.0.27-
standard db with a mysql-connector-java-3.1.13 connector.
I can add a single subscription to the planet aggregator, and all is
well.  Triggering the refresh entries results in something like:
HibernatePlanetManagerImpl:refreshEntries - --- DONE --- Refreshed
entries in 0.435 seconds

Next, I add another subscription, refresh the entries, and get:
ERROR HibernateUserManagerImpl:getWeblogHandleLetterMap - Getting
weblog letter map
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Long
at
org.apache.roller.business.hibernate.HibernateUserManagerImpl.getWeblogH
andleLetterMap(HibernateUserManagerImpl.java:885)
         at
org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.SiteModel.getWeblogHandleLetterMap(
SiteModel.java:259)
<snip>

This *only and always* happens with multiple subscriptions.  I've run
through several test scenarios and have found that all the feeds I'm
subscribing to work fine, provided there is only one subscribed feed.

Actually, there is one exception to the above: when I place a feed in
a custom group, I get the same error, regardless of how may
subscriptions I've set up.

Any ideas?

John Haren
Senior Software Engineer
O'Reilly Media Inc.
1005 Gravenstein Hwy. North
Sebastopol, CA 95472
707.827.7090
haren@oreilly.com

Re: PlanetManager bombs with multiple subscriptions

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 6/12/07, Matt Topper <to...@msu.edu> wrote:
> Dave, I'm sorry, I'm just getting back to this.  I've removed all of the
> external blogs from my planet config, refreshed everything and I'm still
> seeing nothing.  Any ideas?  I'd prefer to not upgrade to 3.1 right now,
> but if thats my only option I can pull it off.  Thanks

Actually, unless you want to do your own build you'll have to wait for
the Roller 3.1.1 fix release to get that one. I had hoped to have a
3.1.1 RC out by now but other things took priority. I might be able to
get back to 3.1.1 work this week.

- Dave

Re: PlanetManager bombs with multiple subscriptions

Posted by Matt Topper <to...@msu.edu>.
Dave, I'm sorry, I'm just getting back to this.  I've removed all of the
external blogs from my planet config, refreshed everything and I'm still
seeing nothing.  Any ideas?  I'd prefer to not upgrade to 3.1 right now,
but if thats my only option I can pull it off.  Thanks

Matt

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.