Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Martin Kalén <mk...@apache.org> on 2005/04/25 20:11:18 UTC

Multiple reproducable test failures on 1.0.x branch

Greetings,
  I wanted to start work on fetchSize hints on the OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch today.

However, there are multiple consistent failures even with hsqldb/default settings:

     [junit] Running org.apache.ojb.broker.AllTests
     [junit] Tests run: 625, Failures: 0, Errors: 1

     [junit] Running org.apache.ojb.odmg.AllTests
     [junit] Tests run: 193, Failures: 0, Errors: 14

PB API:
testInheritedReferences
  org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerSQLException:
   SQLException during the execution of the query (for org.apache.ojb.broker.InheritanceMultipleTableTest$Consortium):
  Column not found: FK_CONSORTIUM in statement [SELECT A0.OBJ_ID,A0.NAME FROM

ODMG API:

Several errors (with exception texts that are not valid):
  "A zero argument constructor was not provided! Class was 'org.apache.ojb.odmg.LockingTest$LockObject'"
(There is a zero argument public constructor for this class).

And several ones like this:
  [Integrity constraint violation: INHERITANCE_MANAGER_FK_1 table: INHERITANCE_EXECUTIVE]

It looks to me like two culprits:
  1. recent class hiararchy changes for Query objects (maybe some tests need updating?)
  2. inter-test dependencies (INHERITANCE_MANAGER/INHERITANCE_EXECUTIVE)

Would be good if we could clear up the smoke so I know I'm starting work on a clean build.

Cheers,
  Martin

P.S. I am using default hsqldb profile and "ant clean junit" between each test run.
Error results are consistent.

Re: Multiple reproducable test failures on 1.0.x branch

Posted by Martin Kalén <mk...@apache.org>.
Armin Waibel wrote:
> these failures are caused by a ordering problem in odmg-api OJB-18. You
> can ignore them. I don't want to comment out these tests, because I
> don't want to forget this issue - sorry.

OK, no problem! As long as they are well-known and consistent I can
still make sure that I don't introduce any new faults.

(Working with a mental note of test delta -1/-14 for PB/ODMG test.) ;-)

  /Martin

Re: Multiple reproducable test failures on 1.0.x branch

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Martin,

these failures are caused by a ordering problem in odmg-api OJB-18. You
can ignore them. I don't want to comment out these tests, because I
don't want to forget this issue - sorry.

regards,
Armin