Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ted Steen <te...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/28 01:19:51 UTC

@Persist+@InitialValue not working as expected

When using @Persist and @InitialValue on the same property the value
is not persisted.
The only value returned from the property is the initial value.
It seems like that when the initial value is set right before the page
is returned to the pool, the persistent value is also set to the
initial value.

The expected behaviour, I think, is that the property will return the
initial value the first time it is used, and then, after that, the
persistent value should be returned.

I have seen this question before on the list, but no real answer.
What is the expected behaviour?

--
/ted

Re: Re: @Persist+@InitialValue not working as expected

Posted by Dennis Cieplik <dc...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

> It sounds like a bug to me. Can you file this in jira ?
>

> > When using @Persist and @InitialValue on the same property the value
> > is not persisted.
> > The only value returned from the property is the initial value.
> > It seems like that when the initial value is set right before the page
> > is returned to the pool, the persistent value is also set to the
> > initial value.
> >
> > The expected behaviour, I think, is that the property will return the
> > initial value the first time it is used, and then, after that, the
> > persistent value should be returned.

According to Howard (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.tapestry.user/31514/focus=31516)  and javadoc (PersistAnnotationWorker.java) it's a feature. But I think an arguable one, because it contradicts the expected behavior.

Dennis
--

Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
      Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer

Re: @Persist+@InitialValue not working as expected

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
It sounds like the non-intuitive nature of the annotation could cause enough
confusion that it warrents a bug report.

Please file it as being against 4.0.2 to help me.

Posted by Ted Steen <te...@gmail.com>.
Hm, ok?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.