Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Andrew Kelsey <aj...@grandroyal.org.INVALID> on 2023/02/13 13:10:51 UTC

Authentication type 10 not support.

I'm trying to get guacamole up and running. I have run into this error
and I am stuck.

I tried adding a logback.xml to enable debugging and it doesn't seem to
work.

Any help egtting me pointed in the right direction would be appreciated.

More from the log:

12:47:32.658 [http-nio-8080-exec-8] WARN
o.a.g.e.AuthenticationProviderFacade - The "postgresql" authentication
provider has encountered an internal error which will halt the
authentication process. If this is unexpected or you are the developer
of this authentication provider, you may wish to enable debug-level
logging. If this is expected and you wish to ignore such failures in the
future, please set "skip-if-unavailable: postgresql" within your
guacamole.properties.

12:47:32.661 [http-nio-8080-exec-8] ERROR o.a.g.rest.RESTExceptionMapper
- Unexpected internal error:

### Error querying database. Cause: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException:
The authentication type 10 is not supported. Check that you have
configured the pg_hba.conf file to include the client's IP address or
subnet, and that it is using an authentication scheme supported by the
driver.

### The error may exist in
org/apache/guacamole/auth/jdbc/user/UserMapper.xml

### The error may involve
org.apache.guacamole.auth.jdbc.user.UserMapper.selectOne

### The error occurred while executing a query

RE: R: Authentication type 10 not support.

Posted by Sean Hulbert <sh...@securitycentric.net.INVALID>.
You need to build the SQL structure First link is to get you to the point to run the steps in the second link.

https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/jdbc-auth.html

https://github.com/glyptodon/guacamole-client/blob/master/extensions/guacamole-auth-jdbc/modules/guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql/schema/001-create-schema.sql

Thank You

Sean Hulbert

Security Centric Inc.

A Cybersecurity Virtualization Enablement Company

We don't just run you through the motions, Our labs teach you how to think!

System Award Management

CAGE: 8AUV4

AFCEA San Francisco Chapter V.P.

If you have heard of a hacker by name, he/she has failed, fear the hacker you haven’t heard of!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication. Content within this email communication is not legally binding as a contract and no promises are guaranteed unless in a formal contract outside this email communication.

igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!!!

Epitoma Rei Militaris

Posted by Andrew Kelsey <aj...@grandroyal.org.INVALID>.

Posted by Andrew Kelsey <aj...@grandroyal.org.INVALID>.