Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ralph Sakhr <ra...@geeklings.net> on 2002/06/27 00:45:25 UTC

System.out

I am wondering, where does the System.out stream go, when printed to from a
web service under axis?

I'm using Tomcat with Axis.  I assumed it would end up in the Tomcat console, but it doesn't.  In fact, I did a search on my hard drive for a test phrase that I print from my web service.  Even though my web service runs, and the "System.out.println("test phrase") therefore must be invoked, I cannot find the "test phrase" anywhere on the system, so that rules out the idea that it might be output to some log file.

Ralph Sakhr

Re: System.out

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> I am wondering, where does the System.out stream go, when printed to from
> web service under axis?

It gets randomly redirected to another user running axis, a miracle of UDDI
registries

> I'm using Tomcat with Axis.  I assumed it would end up in the Tomcat
console, but it doesn't.  In fact, I did a >search on my hard drive for a
test phrase that I print from my web service.  Even though my web service
runs, >and the "System.out.println("test phrase") therefore must be invoked,
I cannot find the "test phrase" anywhere >on the system, so that rules out
the idea that it might be output to some log file.

I wondered who was doing that :)

Try fiddling with the config of tomcat; it goes to my console OK, even
though I use a more complex logging system for better control.