Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Kiran Kumar Kathe <ki...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/27 12:28:44 UTC

Issue with the flink version 1.10.1

When I submit a job using flink version 1.10.1 ,  it is not upadating the
jobs that are running and completed successfully in the Web UI of YARN
resource manager . But When I use flink version 1.9.3 it is working fine
and I am able to see the jobs that are running and completed in
YARN resource manager Web UI . And to find why this is happening I just
tried with replacing the application folders and in lib folder when I use
the flink_dist jar of version 1.9.3 in place of flink_dist of version
1.10.1 it is running fine and I am able to see the jobs running and
completed. Is it the right way , if not will I face any compatible issues
in future with this change of flink_dist jar in lib folder.

Re: Issue with the flink version 1.10.1

Posted by Matthias Pohl via user <us...@flink.apache.org>.
Hi Kiran,
it's really hard to come up with an answer based on your description.
Usually, it helps to share some logs with the exact error that's appearing
and a clear description on what you're observing and what you're expecting.
A plain "no jobs are running" is too general to come up with a conclusion.
Sorry.

Additionally, let me state that Flink 1.10 and 1.9 are quite old versions.
The community doesn't support those versions anymore. It might be the case
that you're running into issues that are already fixed in newer versions.
Investigating code from years ago can be quite tedious.

Best,
Matthias

Posted by Shammon FY <zj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kiran

According to your description, it sounds like a configuration issue
prevented the job from being submitted successfully. You can check whether
there are any error messages from the submission log of yarn or your
submission system. You can also compare the configuration differences
between the new and old versions.

Best,
Shammon FY

On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 10:38 PM Kiran Kumar Kathe <

Posted by Kiran Kumar Kathe <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Leonard Xu <xb...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Kiran