Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by rafeeq s <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/19 10:30:30 UTC

SimpleConsumer dynamic read from all partition ?

I am trying to consume kafka messages from all partitions(dynamically
assign all partitions) using simpleConsumer.

Is there a  way to read messages dynamically from *all partitions* using
SimpleConsumer ?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Rafeeq S
*(“What you do is what matters, not what you think or say or plan.” )*

Re: SimpleConsumer dynamic read from all partition ?

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Short answer is no. Simple consumer has to know the partition ids in
advance to fetch the data. If you want dynamic partition assignments you
need to use high-level consumer.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang