Posted to general@db.apache.org by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> on 2009/05/01 20:09:06 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Derby 10.5.1.1 released

The Apache Derby project is pleased to announce a new feature release
of Derby, 10.5.1.1.

Apache Derby is a subproject of the Apache DB project. Derby is a pure
Java relational database engine which conforms to the ISO/ANSI SQL and
JDBC standards. Derby aims to be easy for developers and end-users to
work with.

Derby 10.5.1.1 can be obtained from the Derby download site:
   http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html.

Derby 10.5.1.1 contains the following new features:
- SQL Roles - Support for most of SQL feature T331 and parts of T332
- Generated Columns - Support for SQL feature T175
- LOB Improvements - Many performance and usability improvements for
BLOBs and CLOBs
- Replication of encrypted databases - Support for replication of
encrypted databases
- OFFSET/FETCH FIRST - Support for limit result set cardinality (new
SQL 2008 syntax)
- In-memory back end - first revision of a storage engine for Derby
storing all data in-memory.
- Update Statistics Stored Procedure - Make it possible to refresh statistics

In addition, Derby 10.5.1.1 contains many bug and documentation fixes.

Please try 10.5.1.1.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Derby 10.5.1.1 released

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Myrna van Lunteren
<m....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Oleg Alexeyev <bl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've just checked http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/derby/derby/ -
>> there is no 10.5.1.1 version there. Are maven modules still published? Or
>> maybe groupId/artifactId are now different?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> oleg
>>
> Now, that's really disappointing. I followed all the steps to deploy -
> or so I thought, but there doesn't seem to be anything left of my
> efforts. I'll look into this.
>
> Thx for the warning.
> Myrna

I must've had dust in my eye  - the stuff I added exists after all -
but it's maven1, not maven2. So, for derby 10.5.1.1, look under:
 http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org.apache.derby/jars/

It appears, once upon a time, files deployed by derby release managers
to the maven1 repository magically got autoconverted and copied over
to the maven2 repo. This wasn't done by anyone in the derby community,
and so we don't know how to do it; and the autoconversion apparently
no longer happens.

Someone needs to give us the instructions and log a request in JIRA
for it and then we can add it to the release process...
See also comments under
and

I hope this answers your question...
Regards,
Myrna

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Derby 10.5.1.1 released

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Alexeyev <bl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Kathey Marsden
<km...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>>
>> The Apache Derby project is pleased to announce a new feature release
>> of Derby, 10.5.1.1.
>>

> Thanks Myrna for your excellent work shepherding this release!
>
> Kathey

Thanks Kathey...And Thanks So Much to everyone who worked & contributed!

Myrna

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Derby 10.5.1.1 released

Posted by Kim Haase <Ca...@Sun.COM>.
Yes, great work, Myrna -- thank you!

Kim

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Dag H. Wanvik wrote:
> Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> writes:
>

>> Thanks Myrna for your excellent work shepherding this release!
>>

> +1
>
> Thank you!
>
> Dag

Thanks Myrna!

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Derby 10.5.1.1 released

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <Da...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 6:10 AM, olibraga <ol...@openhand.is> wrote:

> Just a smal quibble, you might want to mention that 10.5.1.1 is the first
> 10.5 release.
>
> I spent some time trying to find the features added in 10.5 (.0.0), it
> seemed strange to have a 10.5.1.1 feature release but one never knows.
> Seems obvious now and can actually be inferred from the download page, but
> the fact might be made exlicit in the announcements and download page.
>
> Thanks

Too late for the announcement, but I'll take a look at updating the
dowload page. Thank you for the suggestion.

Myrna

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Derby 10.5.1.1 released

Posted by olibraga <ol...@openhand.is>.