Posted to xsp-dev@xml.apache.org by Tagunov Anthony <at...@nnt.ru> on 2001/03/10 19:07:32 UTC

#include for
Hello, All!

This is a second problem that i suffered much
when developing XSP:

C1 design required that xsp processor was
coming first in the Cocoon chain.

(dunno if it still true for C2, but maybe it would
be good to search for a cocoon-indepenedent
solution)

Having in mind that xsp processor has my file
as input, i knew that i could with some effort
apply consequential transforms to it:
 -- run consequential logicsheets
 -- use multiple taglibs

But what i really wanted was to INCLUDE
some xml into my source file from another
file (smth similar to #include in .c)

Maybe it would enrich xsp language to
have some facility to include reusable
parts of code?

(What i actually had: there were metadata
describing a DB table in a file.

What i wanted: include 'em into multiple
.xml files, run appropriate taglibs over
each and thus obtain an application for
editing these files.

In short:
meta.xml
edit1.xml (#include meta.xml, transform edit1 taglib)
edit2.xml (#include meta.xml, transform edit2 taglib)

is this a use case for #include ? :)

What i was thinking of was having maybe
<xsp:include> that would conditionlessly
include source xml code before the
taglibs get applied.

Best regards, hoping this may be of some use,
Tagunov Anthony