Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/21 21:59:08 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.12.0 RC2

I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.12.0 release.

This is a second try after I cancelled the release after a possible blocker.

We added the following features as part of 2.12.0:

[ARTEMIS-1194] - SOCKS proxy support
[ARTEMIS-1975] - Real LargeMessage support for AMQP
[ARTEMIS-2587] - ActiveMQ5-like dead letter strategy
[ARTEMIS-2613] - Support DivertBindings for Federated Addresses
[ARTEMIS-2624] - Auto-create expiry resources
[ARTEMIS-2692] - Provide Improved API for Queue Creation

and it also include the fix for the previous blocker I identified:

[ARTEMIS-2728] Fixing Deadlock with LargeServerMessage

Also, I want to highlight the Large Message support for AMQP, which is
a major enhancement that required some refactoring on the broker to
implement this feature.

We also added a new API for queue creation, simplifying operations on
embedded broker or Core Client.

This is also among many bug fixes. The complete release report can be
found here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12346675

A detailed commit report:
http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/commit-report-2.12.0.html

Source and binary distributions can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.12.0

The staged Maven Repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1208

Instructions to how to validate the maven repository if you want to
give it a try:
http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

The source tag:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.12.0

I will update the website after the vote has passed

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.12.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.12.0 RC2

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Like I did last time, I wanted to record my +1 separately from the
initial VOTE email, to record how I validated the release:

- Ran the complete testsuite multiple times
- Cleaned some tests on the testsuite
- Fixed the LargeMessage deadlock previously identified.

+1 (Binding)

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.12.0 RC2

Posted by "michael.andre.pearce" <mi...@me.com.INVALID>.
+1 Downloaded binaries and ran a basic suite of testsRebuilt fully on linux.Built on windows with some test failing (as discussed previous this is environmental as i know others can)Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com> Date: 22/04/2020  23:58  (GMT+00:00) To: dev@activemq.apache.org Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.12.0 RC2 +1* Checked archives for license and notice files* Verified signatures and checksums* Checked source license headers 'mvn apache-rat:check -P release'* Ran the broker from the binary release archive and checked admin console and ran Qpid JMS examples against it* Ran the AMQP integration tests on multiple machines several times.On 4/21/20 5:59 PM, Clebert Suconic wrote:> I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.12.0 release.>> This is a second try after I cancelled the release after a possible blocker.>> We added the following features as part of 2.12.0:>> [ARTEMIS-1194] - SOCKS proxy support> [ARTEMIS-1975] - Real LargeMessage support for AMQP> [ARTEMIS-2587] - ActiveMQ5-like dead letter strategy> [ARTEMIS-2613] - Support DivertBindings for Federated Addresses> [ARTEMIS-2624] - Auto-create expiry resources> [ARTEMIS-2692] - Provide Improved API for Queue Creation>> and it also include the fix for the previous blocker I identified:>> [ARTEMIS-2728] Fixing Deadlock with LargeServerMessage>>>> Also, I want to highlight the Large Message support for AMQP, which is> a major enhancement that required some refactoring on the broker to> implement this feature.>> We also added a new API for queue creation, simplifying operations on> embedded broker or Core Client.>> This is also among many bug fixes. The complete release report can be> found here:>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12346675>> A detailed commit report:> http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/commit-report-2.12.0.html>> Source and binary distributions can be found here:> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.12.0>> The staged Maven Repository is here:> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1208>> Instructions to how to validate the maven repository if you want to> give it a try:> http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html>> The source tag:> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.12.0>> I will update the website after the vote has passed>> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.12.0> [ ] +0 no opinion> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)-- Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.12.0 RC2

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.12.0 RC2

Posted by nigro_franz <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1!!

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.12.0 RC2

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by brusdev <br...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.12.0 RC2

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

There's lots of great stuff in this release. Thanks for putting it together!

Justin

[RESULT]] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.12.0 RC2

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Results of the Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.12.0 release vote.

Release has passed with 10 Votes. (6 PMC/Binding Votes and 4 non Binding Votes)

Binding Votes:
Clebert Suconic
Timothy Bish
Michael Andre Pearce
Gary Tully
Christopher Shannon
Justin Bertram

Non Binding:
Francesco Nigro
Domenico Bruscino
Howard Gao
Federico Valeri

Thank you to everyone who contributed and took the time to review the
release candidates and vote.

I'll move forward with the getting the release out and updating the
relevant documentation.

Regards

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.12.0 RC2

Posted by Federico Valeri <fe...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Howard Gao <ho...@gmail.com>.
+1