Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by David Croxford <dc...@paciolan.com> on 2006/08/29 20:10:30 UTC

Install for rh enterprise 4

I want to use svnserve on a linux box and every install article I find
refers to apache. Is there a down and dirty way to get svnserve to work?
I have the rpm file, did a "rpm2cpio subversion.rpm |cpio -idmv" and I
see the library files and binaries. When I run svnadmin I get "svnadmin:
error while loading shared libraries: libsvn_repos-1.so.0: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory"

Is there an "install for dummies" article somewhere?