Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Dawid Dudzinski <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/29 03:04:50 UTC

Tracking Memory Usage

Hello,

We are running into memory usage problems in our Wicket application. The
team has identified several areas worth of improving. However we were only
able to do that by looking at our code and not by profiling the jvm. This
brings me to my actual questions:
1. Is there tool or method to determine Wicket's memory usage/session size?
2. Can anyone suggest a tool or a method to profile a jvm? (We use WebSphere
AS and RAD IDE - problem is that WAS simply crashes when attempting to run
in memory profiling mode)

I'm open to all suggestions - if anyone could give some hints I would truly
appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Tracking Memory Usage

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
yourkit is an excellent profiler...

-igor

Re: Tracking Memory Usage

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 3:04 AM, Dawid Dudzinski <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are running into memory usage problems in our Wicket application. The
> team has identified several areas worth of improving. However we were only
> able to do that by looking at our code and not by profiling the jvm. This
> brings me to my actual questions:
> 1. Is there tool or method to determine Wicket's memory usage/session size?
> 2. Can anyone suggest a tool or a method to profile a jvm? (We use WebSphere
> AS and RAD IDE - problem is that WAS simply crashes when attempting to run
> in memory profiling mode)
Then run the application in normal mode and from time to time dump the heap.
Then you can examine the dumps with Eclipse Memory Analyzer tool.

--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend