Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by John Reed <jo...@perfconn.demon.co.uk> on 2001/11/27 10:33:48 UTC

How can I check for exceptions from cat.info ?

Question is - how do I try + catch around a category.info or other logging
statement when nothing is thrown by the info method of category ?

I see there is mention of an error handler that appenders may delegate their
error handling to - but is there an example of how to check for errors
somewhere ?

Basically I want to use a DailyRollingFileAppender - and put a try-catch
block around each .info statement or something similar

Sorry to ask such a basic question -