Posted to user@flink.apache.org by bwong247 <bw...@247-inc.com> on 2016/11/03 00:20:16 UTC

Re: Accessing StateBackend snapshots outside of Flink

We're currently investigating Flink, and one of the features that we'd like
to have is a TTL feature to time out older values in state.  I saw this
thread and it sounds like the functionality was being considered.  Is there
any update?

Re: Accessing StateBackend snapshots outside of Flink

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,
there are two open issues about this:
 * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-3946
 * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-3089

no work was done on this yet. You can, however, simulate TTL for state by
using a TimelyFlatMapFunction and manually setting a timer for clearing out
state. (available in Flink 1.2-SNAPSHOT).

Cheers,
Aljoscha