Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mykel Alvis <my...@weirdness.com> on 2007/01/11 17:50:46 UTC

Re: svn commit: r485976 - /maven/plugins/trunk/pom.xml

I have a parent pom that defines the SCM of itself and all it's children by
using
scm:svn:http://${scm.host}/svnrepos/${object.namespace}/${artifactId}/trunk

and I end up with
scm:svn:http://${scm.host}/svnrepos/${object.namespace
}/${artifactId}/trunk/${artifactId}

I'm not sure if this is still going on with more recent updates, but
currently when I do a help:effective-pom, the SCM URL has the artifactId
appended.

Clearly this is sub-optimal.  Maven shouldn't invisibly append things to my
configuration (assuming it actually IS doing this, of course).

Can someone tell me where this happens and how to prevent it?

> > The way we deploy plugin sites today does not include the version
> > number in the path. If this is going to change I'd like to see a
> > vote about it on the dev list first. The url should be:
> >
> > <url>scp://people.apache.org/www/maven.apache.org/plugins/$
> > {pom.artifactId}/</url>
>
> Actually, it should be what it originally was. Neither of these will
> work due to the automatic appending of the artifact ID.
>
> Joakim - please roll back.
>
> - Brett

I'm just an unfrozen caveman software developer.  I don't understand your
strange, "modern" ways.