Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@apache.org> on 2010/05/05 15:48:21 UTC

[ANN] Maven Plugin Tools 2.6 Released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven Plugin
Tools, version 2.6.

This plugin assists authors of Maven plugins in the creation of a plugin
descriptor and documentation by scanning the plugin sources for mojo
annotations. See the plugin's site for more details:

   http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-plugin-plugin/

To use the updated plugin in your projects, you need to add the
following snippet to the plugins or plugin management section of your POM:

   <plugin>
     <artifactId>maven-plugin-plugin</artifactId>
     <version>2.6</version>
   </plugin>

Release Notes - Maven 2.x Plugin Tools - Version 2.6

** Improvement
     * [MPLUGIN-168] - Provide ability to set package of HelpMojo

** New Feature
     * [MPLUGIN-146] - Implement pluginXml parameter for maven-plugin-plugin
     * [MPLUGIN-166] - Add Swedish translation
     * [MPLUGIN-169] - Create support for the @threadSafe mojo annotation

** Task
     * [MPLUGIN-159] - Support extraction of new anno
@requiresDependencyCollection

Enjoy,

-The Maven team

Re: Superfluous plugin/library dependencies

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 06/05/2010, at 7:23 PM, Kristian Rosenvold wrote:

> I'm about to start releasing plugins and libraries, and I have come to
> realize I'm a terrible neat-nick ;)
>
> I look at the dependencies on maven-archiver and I see that several of
> them appear unused, and some can be trimmed down to less invasive
> scopes, such as provided.
>
> Is there any reason why:
>
> A) org.apache.maven:maven-project and it's likes cannot have scope
> "provided" in a plugin/library ?
> B) org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-container-default (picked up transitively
> from numerous sources or included directly in some poms) cannot have
> scope provided ? (Or excluded when not actually used...)

That seems correct in both cases, though I tend to minimise the use of provided, since it makes assumptions about where it is going to be used. No problem with the change, but don't see that it adds any value either.

> C) An artifact should be included when it seems unused ?
> (We chatted about plexus-utils on #maven-dev yesterday and there might
> be something there)

Apart from the p-u special case, it's good to run dependency:analyze over it and clean it up, definitely.

> I have this terrible hang-up with minimizing dependency profiles. ( I
> promise it's *not* because there's a lot of thread contention going on
> in DefaultMavenPluginManager - I will fix the real cause of that ;)
>
> Will I be "acting responsibly" if I clean up dependencies and test with
> 2.0.11, 2.2.1 and 3.0-beta and then go for release  ?

Yep :)

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Superfluous plugin/library dependencies

Re: [ANN] Maven Plugin Tools 2.6 Released

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi there,

I have take a short look on the site and found that the JIRA Report page
in simply empty ?

>   http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-plugin-plugin/

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de