Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dhaval Jaiswal <dh...@via.com> on 2012/04/05 15:57:19 UTC

Re: Need a sample server.xml file for the session replication using backup manager

Thanks for the info. We are using sticky sessions only with BackupManager.

See We have the current setup.

1 Apache + sticky sessions with mod_ajp proxy balancer in httpd.conf +  10
tomcats.

currently if one of our tomcat goes down the User sessions goes down, I
need to stop this quickly somehow either by using deltamanager or
Backupmanager.

deltamanager all-to-all session replication is not feasible since our apps
is heavy and memory chocks.

We need a simple setup where all 9 tomcats should send session replication
to 10th tomcat where app is also running.
10th tomcat has high hardware config in terms of memory+CPU.

So please guide us on *server.xml change for 9 tomcats* and *server.xml for
10th Tomcat which is BackupManager*. We have sticky sessions config up and
running.

Regards,
Dhaval,

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 05/04/2012 14:57, Dhaval Jaiswal wrote:
> Thanks for the info. We are using sticky sessions only with BackupManager.
>
> See We have the current setup.
>
> 1 Apache + sticky sessions with mod_ajp proxy balancer in httpd.conf +  10
> tomcats.
>
> currently if one of our tomcat goes down the User sessions goes down, I
> need to stop this quickly somehow either by using deltamanager or
> Backupmanager.
>
> deltamanager all-to-all session replication is not feasible since our apps
> is heavy and memory chocks.
>
> We need a simple setup where all 9 tomcats should send session replication
> to 10th tomcat where app is also running.
> 10th tomcat has high hardware config in terms of memory+CPU.
>
> So please guide us on *server.xml change for 9 tomcats* and *server.xml for
> 10th Tomcat which is BackupManager*. We have sticky sessions config up and
> running.

That isn't the way that the backup manage works. Go and re-read my last
post.

Mark