Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2012/03/09 08:45:43 UTC

[INFO] Karaf and ServiceMix website

Hi all,

as you probably know, the Apache Infrastructure team has mandated that
all projects move to the new svnpubsub process for publishing their
website by the end of the year.

The purpose is to reduce the sync time and the I/O required to the sync.

The Infra worked with the Maven team, and a simple mvn site:deploy works
fine.
However, as our website use scalate, we do:

mvn install
mvn scalate:deploy

So it's not a pure mvn site:deploy.

I'm going to discuss with Joe (from the Infra) to see if it could work
"out of the box" using scalate:deploy or if we need to perform some
update on scalate to use something similar to site:deploy.

A possible workaround is to use:

mvn scalate:sitegen
mvn site:deploy

I think it should work.

I will keep you posted about that.

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [INFO] Karaf and ServiceMix website

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Dan,

and thanks for the tip.

I will have to talk with Joe to know what he prefers.

Regards
JB

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Friday, March 09, 2012 07:35:22 AM Daniel Kulp wrote:
> If you want to simplify this, I believe you won't even need the "deploy"
> stuff at all for this.   What you will need is the ability to run:
>
> mvn some:target  -Doutput.dir=/path/to/svn/location
>
> and Joe can handle the rest.   He'll setup a build that will run that once
> an hour (or can trigger on an svn change in this case) and that's it.
> You would commit the change, buildbot will trigger, site is live in
> minutes.

Actually, what's interesting about thsi is he MAY be able to wire in the
"src" tree into the CMS and you can use the CMS to edit the src and then
buildbot would then do the build and such.   No need to checkout the site
for a simple change.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: [INFO] Karaf and ServiceMix website

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: [INFO] Karaf and ServiceMix website

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update James and awesome ;)

It was the only part that I planned to verify ;)

The other things is the way that we publish the documentation on the
website (the location on people.apache.org especially).

Thanks again,
Regards
JB

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@fusesource.com>.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration and Messaging

Re: [INFO] Karaf and ServiceMix website

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update Olivier.

I think it should work as the pubsub can monitor a location whatever the
content is. It can run a Jenkins build just after.
I will keep you posted about the result of the Joe's talk.

Regards
JB

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello