Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christian Schulte <cs...@schulte.it> on 2005/11/29 13:27:31 UTC

[m2] spring-1.2.6 poms ?

Hi,

I do not understand how transitive dependencies are supposed to work.
Why are there no poms for spring 1.2.6 but for 1.2.5 ?

What dependencies do I have to define if I need to use spring with
struts and acegisecurity ?

Currently I get two spring jar file in my ear. Spring 1.2.5 and 1.2.6
and I don't get the reason for this.

--
Christian

Re: [m2] spring-1.2.6 poms ?

Posted by Christian Schulte <cs...@schulte.it>.
Carlos Sanchez schrieb:

> On 11/29/05, Christian Schulte <cs...@schulte.it> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I do not understand how transitive dependencies are supposed to work.
>>Why are there no poms for spring 1.2.6 but for 1.2.5 ?
>

> Because it takes time to do them

Sorry. I did not notice that 1.2.6 was released only two weeks ago.

--
Christian

Re: [m2] spring-1.2.6 poms ?

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Re: [m2] spring-1.2.6 poms ?

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
Here's what I use for Struts:

        <dependency>
            <artifactId>struts</artifactId>
            <groupId>struts</groupId>
            <version>1.2.4</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <artifactId>commons-beanutils</artifactId>
            <groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>
            <version>1.6.1</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <artifactId>struts-el</artifactId>
            <groupId>struts</groupId>
            <version>1.2.4</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <artifactId>strutstestcase</artifactId>
            <groupId>strutstestcase</groupId>
            <version>2.1.2-1.1-2.3</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

The beanutils thing is apparently a bug in Maven 2 - that's why it's required.

For Spring, I use:

        <dependency>
            <artifactId>spring</artifactId>
            <groupId>springframework</groupId>