Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.biz> on 2008/11/27 14:18:42 UTC

FO writing

Hi all,

Since several months, i'm creating FOP documents, always with gedit or
some text editor. The only feature they give me is a syntax coloration.
So what are you using : which program or plugin ?

Thx
--
- Erwan -

AW: FO writing

Posted by Ingo Maas <in...@ebp.de>.

Eclipse has a comfortable (IMHO) XML editor. If the XML schema of a XML
application is known, it provides auto-completion and attribute/element
suggestions in compliance with the schema, just press Ctrl+Space. Maybe this
could be extended to support XSL-FO by adding its schema, too. But I have
never tried that.

HTH, Ingo

Re: FO writing

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.biz>.
hi,

Vincent Hennebert a écrit :
> Hi Erwan,
>
> Erwan de FERRIERES wrote:
>> It's the same for me. And moreover, i'm on debian... and don't think
>> use it this way
>
> The two leading editors on Unix platforms are vim and emacs. Both are
> general-purpose text editors, but can be enhanced with an XML editing
> mode.
>
> Vim has an xmledit plug-in [1] that makes if reasonably easy to edit xml
> files (tag auto-completion, jump between the opening and ending tag,
> etc.). I know emacs has something called a major mode for editing xml,
> but I’ve never used it. Of course, those options make sense if you are
> already familiar with one of those editors. Otherwise, the learning
> curve may be a bit high (although I think it’s worth it, as they can be
> used for many other tasks).
>
> [1] http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=301
>

> HTH,
> Vincent

- Erwan -

Re: FO writing

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erwan,

Re: AW: FO writing

Posted by Luis Ferro <ki...@gmail.com>.
http://librenix.com/?inode=6410

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmleditor/

http://www.netbeans.org/

http://www.eclipse.org/

;)

Re: AW: FO writing

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.biz>.

--
- Erwan -

Re: AW: FO writing

Posted by Luis Ferro <ki...@gmail.com>.
Notepad++

;)

Re: AW: FO writing

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.biz>.

paul womack a écrit :
> Georg Datterl wrote:
>> Hi Erwan,
>>
>>> Since several months, i'm creating FOP documents, always with gedit
>>> or some text editor. The only feature they give me is a syntax
>>> coloration.
>>> So what are you using : which program or plugin ?
>>
>> XmlSpy works fine, but basically any program which displays XML nicely
>> can also display Fo-files nicely.
>

> Don't like the price of XMLSpy, and I won't steal.
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
>   BugBear

- Erwan -

Re: AW: FO writing

Posted by paul womack <pw...@papermule.co.uk>.

AW: FO writing

Posted by Georg Datterl <ge...@geneon.de>.
Hi Erwan,

> Since several months, i'm creating FOP documents, always with gedit or some text editor. The only feature they give me is a syntax coloration.
> So what are you using : which program or plugin ?

XmlSpy works fine, but basically any program which displays XML nicely can also display Fo-files nicely.

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------

Georg Datterl