Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2000/09/01 19:01:30 UTC

BugRat Report #63 has been filed.

Bug report #63 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/63>

REPORT #63 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 3.2beta3
   JVM Release: jdk1.2.2
   Operating System: Win98SE
   OS Release: Win98SE
   Platform: PC

Synopsis:
Batch files containing Unix style EOL fail to run

I was trying to use tomcat on my win98SE box and I got the following problem:

When I try to run the startup.bat scripts (or even tomcat.bat), it returns an error (I think the message is Bad command name or something like this).

When you open the .bat file under notepad, you can see that the end of line is in Unix-style (I think it is \n instead of \r\n). I changed all the end-of-line manually (in several .bat files) and that fixed the problem.

This is a painful thing to do and I think it should be pretty easy to add a task in the build.xml to do this conversion (I did not have the time to submit this patch).

Regards,
Jean-Noel Gadreau (jngadreau@activcard.com)