Posted to user@struts.apache.org by stanlick <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/16 21:29:22 UTC

Plug-in creation and freemarker page location

I am working on a plug-in and having trouble getting the runtime to find my
freemarker pages.  I have a folder named pages in my plugin.jar where my
freemarker pages reside.  My struts-plugin.xml is referring to the pages as
follows:

<result type="freemarker">/pages/config.ftl</result>

However, I am receiving a runtime

java.io.FileNotFoundException: Template /config/pages/config.ftl not found.
	at freemarker.template.Configuration.getTemplate(Configuration.java:489)

I have studied the struts2-config-browser-plugin and I'm now starting to
wonder if there is some magic with respect to the freemarker folder being
called config-browser which happens to be the same namespace of the plugin.

Does anyone know the mechanics of these names?

Peace,
Scott

Re: Plug-in creation and freemarker page location

Posted by stanlick <st...@gmail.com>.
I am using the leading "/" and it still seems to be using the namespace!  I
renamed the ftl folder pages to be config to match the namespace, and it
works fine.  Is there another way?  I originally tried with and without the
leading slash and ultimately had to make this change to get it to work.  I
was a little puzzled by this.  Since it is a plug-in, I'd hate to require
additional configuration settings on the part of the developer.  It should
be plug-n-play man!

P.S. By the way... which one's Pink?

Peace,
Scott