Posted to announce@apache.org by Violeta Georgieva <vi...@apache.org> on 2013/10/26 21:59:58 UTC

[ANN] Apache Tomcat 7.0.47 released

The Apache Tomcat team announces the immediate availability of Apache
Tomcat 7.0.47.

Apache Tomcat is an open source software implementation of the Java
Servlet, JavaServer Pages and Java Expression Language technologies.

This release contains a number of bug fixes and improvements compared to
version 7.0.42. The notable changes include:
- Back-port the JSR-356 Java WebSocket 1.0 implementation from Apache
  Tomcat 8.
- Deprecate the Apache Tomcat proprietary WebSocket API in favour of the
  new JSR-356 implementation.
- Add a drawing board example to the WebSocket examples.

Please refer to the change log for the complete list of changes:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/changelog.html

Note: This version has 4 zip binaries: a generic one and
          three bundled with Tomcat native binaries for Windows operating
systems
          running on different CPU architectures.

Note: Use of the JSR-356 Java WebSocket 1.0 implementation requires Java 7.

Note: If you use the APR/native AJP or HTTP connector you *must* upgrade
          to version 1.1.29 or later of the APR/native library.

Downloads:
http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi

Migration guides from Apache Tomcat 5.5.x and 6.0.x:
http://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 7.0.47 released

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com>.
2013/10/28 Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>

> On 28.10.2013 15:32, Christopher Schultz wrote:
> > Voiletta
> >
> > On 10/26/13, 3:59 PM, Violeta Georgieva wrote:
> >> The Apache Tomcat team announces the immediate availability of Apache
> >> Tomcat 7.0.47.
> >
> > Congratulations on your first release!
>
> +1, thanks Violeta!

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Vily

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 7.0.47 released

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
> Voiletta
>
> On 10/26/13, 3:59 PM, Violeta Georgieva wrote:
>> The Apache Tomcat team announces the immediate availability of Apache
>> Tomcat 7.0.47.
>
> Congratulations on your first release!

+1, thanks Violeta!

Rainer

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 7.0.47 released

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Voiletta

On 10/26/13, 3:59 PM, Violeta Georgieva wrote:
> The Apache Tomcat team announces the immediate availability of Apache
> Tomcat 7.0.47.

Congratulations on your first release!

-chris

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 7.0.47 released

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com>.
2013/10/27 Johan Compagner <jc...@servoy.com>

> >  > i guess this page should now be updated:
> > >
> > > http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html
> >
> > Thanks for pointing that.
> > It should be fixed now.
> >

> only that the minimum version of Tomcat 7 is now not always java 6 ;)

fixed

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 7.0.47 released

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@servoy.com>.

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com>.
2013/10/27 Johan Compagner <jc...@servoy.com>

> On 26 October 2013 21:59, Violeta Georgieva <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > This release contains a number of bug fixes and improvements compared to
> > version 7.0.42. The notable changes include:
> > - Back-port the JSR-356 Java WebSocket 1.0 implementation from Apache
> >   Tomcat 8.
> > - Deprecate the Apache Tomcat proprietary WebSocket API in favour of the
> >   new JSR-356 implementation.
> > - Add a drawing board example to the WebSocket examples.
> >

> i guess this page should now be updated:
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html

Thanks for pointing that.
It should be fixed now.

> --