Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de> on 2002/02/07 13:28:38 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Migrate to the Logging Package of Jakarta-Commons

31.01.2002 20:10:24, "Remy Maucherat" <re...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I am happy to help you guys if you have any questions.  I am a
>> committer over in Commons working on Digester and Logging.
>
>Slide has its own logging wrappers (like everyone else), which will
>remain for a while because we use them to wrap other things (like
>Catalina loggers), and because we don't want to break the API
>compatibility. We'll switch to commons-logging as our default logger.
>Catalina will also log to commons-logging by default (I guess we'll
>see a commit from Craig soon about that).
>
>Remy

As a lot of refactoring and strategic re-thinking of commons-logging
has been going on since my first proposal, I'll hold off starting the
migration until the situation stabilizes (= 1.0 release). At that
point I might post another (possibly slightly different) migration
plan :P

-chris
cmlenz at gmx.de

Re: [VOTE] Migrate to the Logging Package of Jakarta-Commons

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> As a lot of refactoring and strategic re-thinking of commons-logging
> has been going on since my first proposal, I'll hold off starting the
> migration until the situation stabilizes (= 1.0 release). At that
> point I might post another (possibly slightly different) migration
> plan :P

Yes, I noticed ;-)
I think it was needed, since the first version of the API had a few
problems.

+1 on delaying support for commons-logging.

Remy