Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dan Stephens <da...@hotmail.com> on 2003/02/25 19:06:01 UTC

[users@httpd] question

  I was wondering if there is anyone who has had a similar problem as me:
    I am running apache 1.3 on RH 7.2. I just set up to host virtual domains. When I restart httpd it will fail to stop, but will start. It will do this consistently. I am also sure that it is starting on startup. However, I if I try to telnet to port 80 I get refused. Also, I checked and $netstat -pan|grep LISTEN does not indicate that httpd is listening to port 80, or any port for that matter.
    I would really appreciate any guidance that anyone could give as I have tried everything I know how to do to get this working,
    Thanks,
       Dan

RE: [users@httpd] question

Posted by "Alex \"Sniper\" Togstad" <sn...@3dretreat.com>.
Post the changes you made to your httpd.conf file.

It sounds like a syntax error that was made in the httpd.conf file. What
does the error log say?

____
Alex Togstad
Web Developer
 <ma...@3dretreat.com> alextogstad@3dretreat.com

--Custom Built Servers the way you want them. Ask me for a free quote!!