Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Curtis, Harrison" <Ha...@afscn.com> on 2005/08/10 02:08:23 UTC

Plugin passing values to a Jelly Swing display?

It appears that the best way to execute a jelly:swing is with the
following script:

    <java classname="org.apache.commons.jelly.Jelly" fork="true">
      <classpath refid="jelly.swing.classpath"/>
      <arg value="${plugin.resources}/showProperties.jelly"/>
    </java>

Since in this case the jelly:swing is running in a forked process, how
would you pass the information to be displayed in the script.  The only
thing I can think of is to write out a file in the $(plugin.resources}
folder and let the jelly:swing script read it.  Perhaps one of you can
think of a better way.

I tried to run without forking and I can't keep the GUI up.  It just
flashes and returns to the next plugin statement.  Perhaps one of you
have had that experience and figured out how to get the jelly:swing to
work within the plugin.  The only reason I'm thinking of running without
the fork is to get access to the plugin's variables.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bud Curtis
JDIMS Project
L-3 Communications