Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by tjzsm1 <tj...@yahoo.com> on 2008/06/11 21:53:36 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd(s) are consuming all cpu's

Hi everybody,
&nbsp;
We are running apache 1.3.39, modssl-2.8.30 and openssl-0.97m on Red Hat linux AS 3 and weblogic 8.1.6 on Solaris. The problem I got is there are always a few httpd processes keep running and taking all cpus. I can kill them but they will come back after one or two hours. Restarting apache can not solve the problem too. When I do a lsof on any httpd child process it returned lots of 'CLOSE_WAIT' even on those cpu consuming and non-cpu-consuming processes.
&nbsp;
I checked Internet and basically understand what was happening for those CLOSE_WAITs, but how could we solve the problem?
&nbsp;
Thanks,
Cary