Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Jennifer Deigendesch <je...@doubleslash.de> on 2015/09/17 15:50:50 UTC

Problem with applying policy (DotCMIS 0.7 for .NET via AtomPub)

Hi altogether,

I'm using DotCMIS 0.7 for .NET via AtomPub and I have a problem with applying a policy to a document.

First I already fixed the bug in PolicyService in method «ApplyPolicy» to load the link for the given policyId and not for the objectId. But I'll get the exception «Operation not supported by the repository for this object». What does this exception mean?

I also find out, that the link relation of policies (see Screenshot2) is not available in the binding cache. Instead the link relation of allowable actions is available (see Screenshot1). What does this and the link relations mean?

I already tried to create and apply a policy via the CMIS Workbench (where the bug in method "AppylPolicy" is already fixed) and it works. So the problem isn't on the server...

I'm really happy to get help soon :)

Thank you very much & kind regards,
Jennifer Deigendesch

---------
Der IT und Business-Blog unter http://blog.doubleSlash.de
Jennifer Deigendesch
Software Architect
doubleSlash Net-Business GmbH
Otto-Lilienthal-Str. 2
D-88046 Friedrichshafen

Fon: +49 7541 / 70078-207
Fax: +49 7541 / 70078-111
Jennifer.Deigendesch@doubleSlash.de
http://doubleSlash.de
doubleSlash Net-Business GmbH
Geschäftsführung: Konrad Krafft, Oliver Belikan, Andreas Strobel
Sitz, Registergericht: Friedrichshafen, Amtsgericht Ulm HRB 631718

Re: Problem with applying policy (DotCMIS 0.7 for .NET via AtomPub)

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>.
Hi Jennifer,

The exception means that no policies link is available for this object
and the operation cannot be executed. You already checked the binding
cache and the link is not there.

Try capturing the traffic between client and server and check whether
the server sends policies links.
If it does please open an issue [1] and attach the trace. If it doesn't,
fix the server and try again.

- Florian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS