Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Martin Below <ma...@guerrilla-metal.com> on 2009/04/26 15:16:44 UTC

Content Modelling

Hello,

I'm looking for some advice regarding the structure of the repository.
In my app, I have a lot of many-to-many relations. I guess I would end
up in a quite "flat" repository with a lot of referenceable nodes.
According to the guidelines in davids model
(http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel), this is not an ideal
situation for JCR. I also had a brief look at the OCM section of the
jackrabbit docs, but didn't find any specific information on how to map
n:m relations. Is this supported at all?

Any thoughts on this are very much appreciated!

By the way, I found a lot of references to a presentation by David
Nuescheler called "JCR vs. RDBMS: Your App is a Content App."
Unfortunately, it does not seem to be available any more. Can anybody
please send this presentation to me?

thanks,
Martin

Re: Content Modelling

Posted by Lars Michele <la...@tu-dortmund.de>.
Hi,
> By the way, I found a lot of references to a presentation by David
> Nuescheler called "JCR vs. RDBMS: Your App is a Content App."
> Unfortunately, it does not seem to be available any more. Can anybody
> please send this presentation to me?
I cannot find the presentation, but perhaps your interested in this
document by Bertil Chapuis:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/11163161/JCR-or-RDBMS-why-when-how
It is a little bit more detailed than a presentation ;-)

Regards,
Lars

Re: Content Modelling

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Martin Below
<ma...@guerrilla-metal.com> wrote:
> By the way, I found a lot of references to a presentation by David
> Nuescheler called "JCR vs. RDBMS: Your App is a Content App." Unfortunately,
> it does not seem to be available any more. Can anybody please send this
> presentation to me?

It's linked on the Jackrabbit wiki [1], but both links are broken:

http://javasymposium.techtarget.com/resources/Presentations/Vegas%2006/D%20Nuescheler%20Content%20app.zip

http://javasymposium.techtarget.com/resources/presentations.html#TSSJS

Seems TSS throws away their conference archives...

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrLinks

Regards,
Alex

--