Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2016/06/01 16:20:13 UTC

Tests issues

Hi Guys,

We have 3 problems with the tests

1. (At least) One of these 3 changes https://ci.apache.org/builders/ofbiz-trunk/builds/759#changes- introduced a test issue in trunk
https://ci.apache.org/builders/ofbiz-trunk.
Fortunately R15.12 helps use to discern it's most probably r1746459 the culprit https://ci.apache.org/builders/ofbiz-branch15.
It could be though that it's more a test to fix than an issue with the data (INVOICE types)

2. Related with a framework recent change we no longer feed the HTML results https://ci.apache.org/projects/ofbiz/logs/trunk/
So it's harder to check which test/s was/were impacted by the data change (only?). The error which prevents the HTML results creation, in log is

      [java] Exception in thread "main" org.ofbiz.base.start.StartupException: Cannot start() org.ofbiz.testtools.TestRunContainer (Test run was
unsuccessful)
      [java]     at org.ofbiz.base.container.ContainerLoader.start(ContainerLoader.java:239)
      [java]     at org.ofbiz.base.start.StartupControlPanel.startStartupLoaders(StartupControlPanel.java:270)
      [java]     at org.ofbiz.base.start.StartupControlPanel.start(StartupControlPanel.java:107)
      [java]     at org.ofbiz.base.start.Start.main(Start.java:84)
      [java] Caused by: org.ofbiz.base.container.ContainerException: Test run was unsuccessful
      [java]     at org.ofbiz.testtools.TestRunContainer.start(TestRunContainer.java:193)
      [java]     at org.ofbiz.base.container.ContainerLoader.start(ContainerLoader.java:237)
      [java]     ... 3 more

Fortunately, we can get more information from https://ci.apache.org/projects/ofbiz/logs/14.12/html/ were we see which tests were impacted

3. Unfortunately I just noticed we have also an issue with tests HTML results in R15.12, this is wrong (there are currently failures/errors) and was
not updated since 2016-02-11 04:10:58.

I'll now try to confirm my assertion for the point 1. And hopefully will give you a clue about the point 2. This last issue (3) could a Buildbot issue
only. I will check that...

Jacques

Re: Tests issues

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacques,

Nice work! so it's just the issue of HTML not rendering on failed tests.
Ok, I'll jump in and try to see what's up.

Cheers

Taher Alkhateeb

Re: Tests issues

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Taher,

Took me a while to put it clearly in place, please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-7167

I will also continue to work on it, but would not be offended if you beat me on it ;)

Cheers

Jacques

Le 03/06/2016 � 09:25, Taher Alkhateeb a �crit :

Re: Tests issues

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacques,

Re: Tests issues