Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by James Vanns <jv...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/18 13:09:49 UTC

statusUpdate() duplicate messages?

Hello list.

We have an experimental framework (C++ API) based on Mesos 0.24 and we're
seeing duplicate task status messages -- eg. 2 'FINISHED' messages for a
single task. This may well be normal behaviour but I wasn't prepared for
it. Could someone point me in the direction of a decent description on
status updates/messages somewhere in the Mesos documentation? Or explain
the following;

a) Is this normal (it's not just the FINISHED state)?
b) What might cause this behaviour (it's intermittent)?
c) I do not explicitly acknowledge receipt of these messages - should I!?
d) Should I treat these status update messages as reliable and robust!?
e) Where can I learn more about this kind of internal detail?

Cheers,

Jim

--
Senior Code Pig
Industrial Light & Magic

Re: statusUpdate() duplicate messages?

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
Look for UPDATE and ACKNOWLEDGE sections in
https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/docs/scheduler-http-api.md for
semantics. Note that this doc for schedulers using the new HTTP API, but
the semantics around updates are the same.

Posted by James Vanns <jv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tom Arnfeld <to...@duedil.com>.
When you construct the scheduler, are you disabling implicit acknowledgements?
	https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/include/mesos/scheduler.hpp#L373 <https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/include/mesos/scheduler.hpp#L373>

I’d suggest having a read over this document, it explains some of this -> http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/reconciliation/ <http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/reconciliation/>

e) http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/reconciliation/ <http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/reconciliation/>