Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no> on 2007/10/09 00:20:09 UTC

Re: Why Maven is Hard?

> Steinar Bang wrote:
>> Two things have locked us to 2.0.4:

>> - a bug in maven proper (I think) where maven will ungzip a tar.gz
>> or tgz file it downloads, before dropping it in the local maven
>> repo, still with the same name, which breaks when an attempt is
>> made at using the file
[snip!]

> If you can't find issues for these problems in JIRA, please create new
> ones. Add the stack trace to the issue, by running 'mvn -e ...'

I unintentionally verified that the ungzip problem is present on 2.0.7
tonight (I used the wrong maven version on a build server, and now I
have to wait for the admin to clear up the build user's maven
repository...), and I couldn't find any maven bugs containing "gzip",
"uncompress", or "tgz", so I reported it:
	http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3233