Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Matt Cheah <mc...@palantir.com> on 2015/03/25 23:44:31 UTC

Cross-compatibility of YARN shuffle service

Hi everyone,

I am considering moving from Spark-Standalone to YARN. The context is that
there are multiple Spark applications that are using different versions of
Spark that all want to use the same YARN cluster.

My question is: if I use a single Spark YARN shuffle service jar on the Node
Manager, will the service work properly with all of the Spark applications,
regardless of the specific versions of the applications? Or, is it it the
case that, if I want to use the external shuffle service, I need to have all
of my applications using the same version of Spark?

Thanks,

-Matt Cheah

Re: Cross-compatibility of YARN shuffle service

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Matt,

I'm not sure whether we have documented compatibility guidelines here.
However, a strong goal is to keep the external shuffle service compatible
so that many versions of Spark can run against the same shuffle service.

-Sandy