Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ajey <aj...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/14 11:28:55 UTC

How do we assign Tracking Code to Promotion and track them?

Hi all,
how a tracking code can be applied to a particular promotion and how we can
track the usage of a particular Promotion with this Tracking Code. Please
help me out. thanx

Re: How do we assign Tracking Code to Promotion and track them?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Simply assign the Promotion Code you want to track to the Tracking Code Id field when creating a new Tracking Code

You might be interested by http://docs.ofbiz.org/download/attachments/742/ManagerReferenceMarketing.pdf?version=1 p. 24 §.4.5.3.
Namely <<Whatever you enter here will be assigned as the TrackingCode ID. If this same code is needed by the customer to
qualify for a promotion, make it easy for them to use.>>

Jacques

From: "Ajey" <aj...@gmail.com>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes, I agree, I found that weird too. There are good tools available (plugins if you use Firefox) for research at
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/igBk

Jacques

From: "Scott Gray" <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Please don't do this, if you want to point someone to an old thread just link to the threads in nabble or markmail.

Thanks
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
One person on the mailing list maybe wants to read that bumped message, but instead it is being sent to hundreds of subscribers who then have to deal with a message of no value to them.  Messages are also typically bumped because they are waiting for a reply, this causes confusion and more time spent looking at an irrelevant message.  So it may be more work on your part to do as I ask, but perhaps it will be less work for everyone else.

Thanks
Scott

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
For search on OFBiz MLs I use 4 tools  (I'm on Windows and - still :/ - use Outlook Express).
1) In Outlook Express folders (convenient in some cases when you know you are near the target, for instance a recent svn number, may
be too long otherwise)
2) MarkMail often the quicker but you have to be acquainted with it
3) Nabble seems to be quicker now that we have switched to new version, in the meantime I got used to MarkMail. It has something
that MarkMail does nof offer(?) separated forums (ie dev vs user, etc.)
4) Copernic desktop (for old - not eve in Nabble, though I have it only from Sept. 04 - or wide searches, ie when I don't find with
other tools). I only index emails, else it'd be a nightmare I guess (Windows files system)

The FF plugins tools help you with MarkMail and Nabble

HTH

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Simply assign the Promotion Code you want to track to the Tracking Code Id field when creating a new Tracking Code

You might be interested by http://docs.ofbiz.org/download/attachments/742/ManagerReferenceMarketing.pdf?version=1 p. 24 §.4.5.3.
Excerpt : <<Whatever you enter here will be assigned as the TrackingCode ID. If this same code is needed by the customer to

From: "Ajey" <aj...@gmail.com>