Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Oliver, Steve" <St...@bestwestern.com> on 2002/12/23 21:25:56 UTC

XMLParserLiaison Question

I'm having a problem using the SimpleXPathAPI example with Xalan-C++. All works fine until I add namespace and schema attributes. I've tried the setUseValidation(true) and setDoNamespaces(true) and still my XPath expressions evaluate to null. What am I missing here? How do I get the XpathEvaluator to handle namespaces and schemas?

Example:

This XML works

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<OTA_HotelResNotifRQ
    EchoToken="6543215"
    TimeStamp="2001-05-23T06:13:57.000-00:00"
    Version="1">
    <UniqueId Type="PCANCEL" Id="1" Instance=""/>
    <HotelReservations>
        <HotelReservation
        </HotelReservation>
    </HotelReservations>
</OTA_HotelResNotifRQ>

But this doesn't

    xmlns="http://www.opentravel.org/OTA"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opentravel.org/OTA OTA_HotelResNotifRQ.xsd"
    EchoToken="6543215"
    TimeStamp="2001-05-23T06:13:57.000-00:00"
    Version="1">
    <UniqueId Type="PCANCEL" Id="1" Instance=""/>
    <HotelReservations>
        <HotelReservation
        </HotelReservation>
    </HotelReservations>
</OTA_HotelResNotifRQ>

Thanks for any help...

Steve

Re: XMLParserLiaison Question

Posted by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com>.

This has nothing to do with any settings on the XMLParserLiaison, etc.
It's actually a basic feature of XPath.  See the following FAQ:

   http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#faq-N101B9

Dave

                      "Oliver, Steve"
                      <Steve.Oliver@bestw         To:      "Xalan Dev" <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                      estern.com>                 cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                                                  Subject: XMLParserLiaison Question
                      12/23/2002 12:25 PM
                      Please respond to
                      xalan-dev