Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Gabriel Vince <ga...@apogado.com> on 2013/01/04 11:28:30 UTC

custom enhancement engine - getMetadata - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Hello all,

I could use a little help from somebody :)

Building a custom EnhancementEngine to append into an existing chain
we got a strange error:

what we want to achieve is to add additional metadata (enhancements)
to a content item. As far I understood we can do it additng triples
into item's metadata graph.

- running in the provided sling felix launcher
- Revision  1428346

public void computeEnhancements(ContentItem ci)
{
       LockableMGraph metadata = ci.getMetadata();
// etc
}

throws an error

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.servicesapi.ContentItem
.getMetadata()Lorg/apache/clerezza/rdf/core/access/LockableMGraph;
        at com.apogado.tfse.enhancer.steenhancer.SteEnhancer.computeEnhancements
(SteEnhancer.java:67)
        at org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.jobmanager.event.impl.EnhancementJobHandl
er.processEvent(EnhancementJobHandler.java:256)
        at org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.jobmanager.event.impl.EnhancementJobHandl
er.handleEvent(EnhancementJobHandler.java:189)

dependences:
org.apache.stanbol/org.apache.stanbol.enhancer.servicesapi/0.9.0-incubating

where the ContentItem class contains a method getMetadata() returning
a LockableMGraph..

Any help is appreciated. Thank you  in advance

Gabriel

--
Gabriel Vince
Senior Consultant

Re: custom enhancement engine - getMetadata - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gabriel,

The reason for that is an API change of the ContentItem API related to
STANBOL-773 [1]. With revision 1311205 [2] the type of the return
value  of the ContentItem#getMetadata changed from "LockableMGrpah" to
"MGrpah". For details on the motivation for this change please see the
comment on STANBOL-733.

best
Rupert

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1311205&view=rev (had to search
for the exact revision as the actual change was accidentally included
in a commit that was intended to change only release related metadata)

Posted by Gabriel Vince <ga...@apogado.com>.
Hello all,

--
Gabriel Vince