Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Kam Lai Wong <kl...@hkem.com> on 2003/03/07 09:51:55 UTC

Qustions about XinCon

Hi all,
        According to the website: http://www.metzner.org/projects/xincon/
, I see that we can use file explorer in Windows to view data stored in Xindice database just like stored in local PC. However, when I use file explorer and type the corresponding URL, it shows just as a normal browser. I can't edit, insert or delete the file but just read.

        Also, as Xincon is a Xindice WebDav, can it perform WebDav functions like DASL, ASL and also, Delta-V? Can I insert the multimedia objects into Xindice through Xincon?

        Finally, if we want to implement an application involving WebDav on Xindice (Our Xindice is installed in Lindux while the application should mainly on Windows), any advise? Thanks a lot.

HKDict - the latest and easy to use Online Dictionary
http://www.hkdict.com