Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/29 15:51:55 UTC

Monitoring support draft code available

Folks,

I have committed an initial draft for monitoring support.
As of now it's in the form of IoFilter, and as of now I am not very sure if
this needs to be this way. All that we have in MonitoringFilter can easily
be part of its base classes. Have a working example in test folder for the
time being. The example uses JMX, other reporter can be easily be
configured.

Goal is to have a sort of framework which allows to integrate custom
metrics. I shall more doc to the implementation.

Started with Filter implementation so that folks who don't want this, can
choose not to configure it. By pushing it to core, it would become
mandatory.

Seeking feedback from community on how they want to shape this feature.

Suggestion?

Reference
https://github.com/sematext/sematext-metrics-reporter

--